Position DetailsThe Requirements
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Operations Training & Development Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A mix of experience including:
- Technical roots developed through several years of experience in a field tech role requiring strong maintenance, prevention and troubleshooting skills (e.g. HVAC, large plant/facility maintenance, fueling equipment or similar)
- Demonstrated success training technicians in the field and/or shop
- Some experience developing curriculum for field techs, including classroom and hands-on testingli>
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required; college coursework or an associate's degree preferred; a bachelor's degree in Business or a related field is an advantage
- Technical skills including:
- A demonstrated ability to diagnose and repair mechanical equipment
- A commitment to working safely with high-pressure gases and electrical components
- Knowledge of PLCs
- Ability to develop SOPs
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to create strong documentation
- A customer service philosophy is a must
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Operations, as Operations Training and Development Manager, you will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all aspects of training and development for the proper maintenance and servicing of equipment at LNG, CNG and LCNG fueling stations including compressors, dispensers, dryers, storage, POS, PLC and other related equipment. You will develop training content, electronic and written, that aligns with knowledge expectations for each level of technician, from Service Technician I to Senior Technicians, then coordinate assessment testing, both written and hands-on. All training material will include preventative maintenance, inspections, troubleshooting, repairs and proper use of fueling related equipment and structures with adherence to safety and accuracy.
More specifically, you will:
- Train service technicians on the proper maintenance of fueling stations related to mechanical compression, electrical controls, high-pressure gas, cryogenic storage systems, etc.
- Train service technicians on the proper process to perform regular routine inspections, preventative maintenance and response to callouts for equipment breakdowns and other trouble calls, both on an emergency and non-emergency basis.
- Evaluate the performance and effectiveness of training programs and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare and manage the training budget for the Operations department.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new service and maintenance technicians.
- Conduct pre-employment skills assessment to determine hirability and level based on results. Allow for appropriate accommodations should we be notified of a disability.
- Train supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Develop and organize Operations training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Set expectations for service and maintenance technicians with strict adherence to quality, safety, and company and manufacturer guidelines.
- Train Operations personnel on company procedures.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
In addition to your technical and training skills, to excel in this role, you will bring a positive attitude and a strong commitment to promoting customer service. You'll know you're hitting the mark both through the feedback you'll receive from student (technician) evaluations and evaluations from senior-level experts who will sit in on your classes on occasion.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: Clean Energy is building America's Natural Gas Highway, a coast-to-coast infrastructure to deliver CNG (compressed natural gas), LNG (liquefied natural gas), RNG (renewable natural gas) to an expanding customer base.
More Good ReasonsProfessional growth
Growth and change are fundamental dynamics at Clean Energy, and they can create opportunities for strong performers. We take pride in helping our team members learn new skills and further develop existing skills.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, we recently entered into an agreement with UPS to provide them with 170 million gasoline gallon equivalents of Redeem renewable natural gas (RNG) through 2026. Clean Energy's Redeem is the world's first renewable fuel made entirely from organic waste for commercial vehicles, and this partnership with UPS will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than one million metric tons.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), a predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then-President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Green standard for sustainability
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. But did you also know that natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfills, waste-water-treatment facilities and farms via waste-to-energy solutions? Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals, and you'll be part of that effort.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Pictured: you and your team will design for a variety of station profiles, from private use ones like this LNG station on a customer's site (above) to public multi-use facilities like this CNG station near McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas (below).