Position DetailsThe Requirements
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Accounts Payable Clerk
opportunity, you will have:
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; some college coursework is preferred
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (e.g. copy and paste, AutoSum, email composition, etc.); experience with Dynamics AX preferred
- Strong and accurate keyboarding / data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to effectively interact with multiple levels and titles, internal and external, to get approvals, ask questions, etc.
- Outstanding organization and follow-up skills
- The desire and ability to learn and develop your skills
- A positive attitude, motivation and reliability
- Ability to effectively work in a busy, fast-paced and professional environment (we dress professionally every day)
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, as Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records, invoices, and payments for an entity with a multitude of operating companies in the U.S. and Canada.
Specifically, you will:
- Process and enter approximately 100 invoices daily; expense reports, 2- and 3-way match POs and other AP data monthly into Microsoft Dynamics D365 accounting software.
- Process accounts payable checks by matching checks with invoices, obtaining appropriate approvals before processing AP transactions, and preparing for mailing.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Perform monthly reconciliation between accounts payable and the general ledger.
- Prepare journal entries for accruals required for month-end closing.
- Print all accounts payable reports and maintain all accounts payable files.
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required.
- Research and resolve vendor statements.
- Provide administrative support duties for the department including intercompany activities, establishing files, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist internal and external parties with documentation requests.
- Support the accounting team during internal/external audits.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Keys to Success
To excel in this role, you will be flexible and able to work under pressure when required. This is not a position where you can always plan your day and execute. Your work will be interrupted and priorities can often change as the day progresses. You'll move seamlessly with those interruptions, handling priorities and then returning to your daily responsibilities. Additionally, this is a thinking role requiring logic and problem-solving ability. You should know when to escalate an issue and be willing to ask questions as needed.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: Clean Energy is building America's Natural Gas Highway, a coast-to-coast infrastructure to deliver CNG (compressed natural gas), LNG (liquefied natural gas), RNG (renewable natural gas) to an expanding customer base.
More Good ReasonsProfessional growth
Growth and change are fundamental dynamics at Clean Energy, and they can create opportunities for strong performers. We take pride in helping our team members learn new skills and further develop existing skills.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, we recently entered into an agreement with UPS to provide them with 170 million gasoline gallon equivalents of Redeem renewable natural gas (RNG) through 2026. Clean Energy's Redeem is the world's first renewable fuel made entirely from organic waste for commercial vehicles, and this partnership with UPS will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 1 million metric tons.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), a predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Green standard for sustainability
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. But did you also know that natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfills, waste-water-treatment facilities and farms via waste-to-energy solutions? Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals, and you'll be part of that effort.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Pictured: you and your team will design for a variety of station profiles, from private use ones like this LNG station on a customer's site (above) to public multi-use facilities like this CNG station near McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas (below).