Position DetailsThe Requirements
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Engineering Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- A Professional Engineer license in Civil Engineering. A broad base of State licenses is preferred, and the ability to acquire additional licenses is required. General contractor licenses are desirable.
- 10+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Strong leadership skills, including:
- A demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- The ability to promote a positive, motivating team environment.
- Experience managing direct reports is preferred.
- A basic understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD software.
- An outgoing personality and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Reporting to the Vice President, Engineering and Construction, you will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of CNG and LNG fueling station engineering projects. You'll manage a team of Station Designers, including bringing on a couple of new members and helping the entire team grow their skills and capacity.
At the same time, we'll ensure you have opportunities to grow professionally and help you prepare to move to the next level. To give you a sense of the role, here is a sampling of responsibilities. A detailed job description will be available to interested candidates.
- Manage, plan and implement engineering programs, including defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones, and staff requirements.
- Confer with technical sales engineer and sales staff to deliberate project specifications and specific project requirements. Provide input for engineering cost estimates and execution strategy.
- Directly supervise and lead the engineering team and support personnel.
- Provide high-level technical/analytical support to achieve business growth objectives.
- Interface with equipment suppliers to ensure consistency in design with supplier products and recommend design changes to improve station designs.
- Ensure engineering teams adhere to project schedules and budgets for the assigned engineering projects.
- Build a strong engineering team and drive technical projects to a successful conclusion on time and within budget.
- Recruit and mentor employees, assign, direct and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- And more.
Pictured: Clean Energy is building America's Natural Gas Highway, a coast-to-coast infrastructure to deliver CNG (compressed natural gas), LNG (liquefied natural gas), RNG (renewable natural gas) to an expanding customer base.
More Good ReasonsStrategic impact
Growth and change are fundamental dynamics at Clean Energy, and they can create opportunities for strong performers. We want to hire a professional who can grow in this role in beyond. We take pride in helping our team members learn new skills and develop professionally.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, we recently entered into an agreement with UPS to provide them with 170 million gasoline gallon equivalents of Redeem renewable natural gas (RNG) through 2026. Clean Energy's Redeem is the world's first renewable fuel made entirely from organic waste for commercial vehicles, and this partnership with UPS will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 1 million metric tons.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Green standard for sustainability
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. But did you also know that natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfills, waste-water-treatment facilities and farms via waste-to-energy solutions? Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals, and you'll be part of that effort.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary performance-based bonus, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Pictured: you and your team will design for a variety of station profiles, from private use ones like this LNG station on a customer's site (above) to public multi-use facilities like this CNG station near McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas (below).