The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Material Handler opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in shipping & receiving and/or materials handling.
- Forklift certification.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities in person and via phone or email.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with ERP systems is preferred, and experience with MS Dynamics AX would be ideal.
- The ability to:
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Write simple correspondence.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Problem solving skills
- A valid and current driver's license.
- High energy and a solid work ethic.
You'll serve in an on-call rotation at least 7 days per month, which may include weekends. While on call you must be available 24 hours a day, be within a reasonable commute distance of the worksite, and carry and answer your mobile phones. Historically there have not been a lot of calls.
Pictured: Among other internal and external customers, you will support one of the largest teams of field service technicians in the nation.
The RoleReporting to the Warehouse Lead, you will join a team that includes three other Material Handlers. You'll also interact with Inventory Control Coordinators, and your customers will include Field Service Technicians, vendors and others. Your mission will be to safely and efficiently unload, load, receive store and ship equipment spare parts.
More specifically, you will:
- Process carrier receipts, performing both physical and visual inspection of product and documentation, and noting any carrier exceptions of damage or missing packages.
- Perform system receiving transactions noting all received materials match supplier manifest /packing list and AX open purchase order. Communicate to CE Purchasing and supplier of any or all discrepancies. File documentation daily.
- Maintain warehouse in orderly fashion, ensuring all stock is accurately stored the same day it's received, and that all product is correctly faced and labelled.
- Utilize hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors or other handling equipment to move material to and from trucks or trains, and within the storage facility.
- Load and unload materials in the warehouse or storage facility.
- Pull, pack, label and ship product to ensure safe, secure and timely delivery.
- Process orders in Microsoft Dynamics AX accurately, efficiently, and on time. Check sales, transfer order records and run reports to determine shipment needs.
- Use carriers' shipping systems including opening and closing daily shipment records. File shipping documents daily.
- Select freight carriers when required. Coordinate international shipments and documentations.
- Perform regular inventory cycle counts with first pass accuracy of 98% audit and perform recounts of cycle counts. Identify and escalate any issues that need to be addressed in order to correct any errors.
- Maintain AX dynamics warehouse default locations, as well as AX dynamics Item master attributes, including HTS code, ECCN, size dimensions and weights.
- Create spreadsheet reports as needed.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
Pictured: This compressed natural gas (CNG) compressor is an example of the kind of equipment we have in the field. You'll help make sure that the right spare parts are in the right place at the right time.
More Good ReasonsProfessional and career development
Growth and change are fundamental dynamics at Clean Energy, and they can create opportunities for strong performers. Once you've proven yourself in this role, you might move up within the supply chain organization, or set your sights on an Inventory Control Coordinator or Warranty & Repair Technician role.
Green standard for sustainability
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. But did you also know that natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfill via waste-to-energy solutions? Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, in October 2016 we opened a new state-of-the-art CNG station, in partnership with FedEx, in Oklahoma City. The station that will allow over 100 FedEx Freight Class 8 trucks (big-rigs) to use the convenience of fast-fueling as well as money-saving time-fueling.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Pictured: Clean Energy's fueling stations make up America's Natural Gas Highway®, a network of truck fueling stations on interstate highways connecting major metropolitan areas coast-to-coast and border-to-border.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will establish a reputation among coworkers as a reliable member of the team, always ready to pitch in. You should be able to achieve goals independently, but you also should contribute effectively as a team player. Interpersonal and communication skills will be essential.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Material Handler you will:
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Bring a sense of urgency, but also work accurately.
- Keep an eye out for ways to improve processes.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude.
- Take initiative to solve problems on your own, but also know when to ask for help.
About UsTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets. We have the most experience in inventing and manufacturing today's natural gas technologies. We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas stations across North America.
Clean Energy owns and operates LNG plants and renewable processing facilities, producing CNG, LNG and Redeem (RNG) fuels for our own stations and our clients' stations. Our network of over 550 LNG and CNG fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Our stations are fueling service vehicles at 37+ major airports, and our strategically located truck-friendly CNG and LNG fueling stations, the network we call America's Natural Gas Highway™, are designed to keep heavy duty fleets fueled up and on the road.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.