Position DetailsYour Qualifications
To meet the basic qualifications for the Sales and Compliance Administrator opportunity, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
To be a strong fit for the role, you will also need:
- A bachelor's degree (highly preferred) or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of sales (inside or field) and/or account management and retention experience, including working directly with prospects and customers.
- Regulatory experience or experience working in a compliance-heavy industry is an advantage. If you have strong customer-facing and administrative skills, we will train you in areas, such as compliance, where you have gaps.
- Strong computer skills, including:
- Microsoft Office Suite applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- CRM system(s) experience, ideally Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to use the Internet and social media for research and communication.
- A strong work ethic with grit and a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail and the ability to create complete and accurate documentation.
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with a proactive approach and the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including prospects and customers.
- Initiative with the ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- A drive for personal and professional growth and development.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Development and Operations, as Sales and Compliance Administrator, you will be responsible for the Sales coordination, administration, and support of Clean Energy Renewables (CER) products and services, including, but not limited to, renewable natural gas (RNG) sales, renewable identification number (RIN) and low carbon fuel standard (LCFS) credit processing, contract management and customer administration.
You will work with your supervisor, as well as the Director of CER Business Development, to coordinate commercial transactions, grow revenue and oversee customer account management and compliance requirements.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage customer account setup process with the California Air Resource Board (CARB), which includes documenting customer RNG usage, review and submission of quarterly reports, and conducting internal audits of our reporting procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Draft new customer agreements and coordinate the contracting process with the Clean Energy’s legal and sales departments.
- Regularly audit and update CER’s “Customer Management File” database where all critical account details are stored.
- Work with CER team members to develop annual sales goals, tracking sheets, price strategies, proposals and reports that can be used with Clean Energy’s Sales Department.
- Facilitate financial settlements and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reports with customers and Clean Energy sales representatives.
- Manage and regularly update CER’s “Infrastructure Analysis” file used for sales planning.
- Coordinate, review and validate CER’s natural gas commodity invoicing on a monthly basis with Clean Energy’s accounting department.
- Oversee CER’s internal customer onboarding process, which includes review of departmental workflows and distribution of pertinent customer files across Clean Energy departments.
- Oversee assigned accounts as provided and as necessary.
- Monitor RIN & LCFS markets for regulatory changes that will impact our business and develop new processes as needed.
Pictured: Clean Energy is building America's Natural Gas Highway, a coast-to-coast infrastructure to deliver CNG (compressed natural gas), LNG (liquefied natural gas), RNG (renewable natural gas) to an expanding customer base.
More Good ReasonsStrong team
We have a small but critical team (you'll be the 7th member) where you'll find strong mentors and business experts to help you get up to speed. Once you're trained, you'll enjoy the autonomy to own your role and excel. At the same time, you'll have strong support when you need it.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary performance-based bonus, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Green standard for sustainability
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. But did you also know that natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfills, waste-water-treatment facilities and farms via waste-to-energy solutions? Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals, and you'll be part of that effort.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, we recently entered into an agreement with UPS to provide them with 170 million gasoline gallon equivalents of Redeem renewable natural gas (RNG) through 2026. Clean Energy's Redeem is the world’s first renewable fuel made entirely from organic waste for commercial vehicles, and this partnership with UPS will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 1 million metric tons.