More InsightsYour Background
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Business Development Rep / Lead Generation opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree plus 2+ years of experience in B2B lead generation and cold calling, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others.
- The ability to overcome objections.
- Experience achieving targets in metrics-driven roles.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) programs is a plus.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- A results-driven mindset.
Reporting to the Director, Sales Operations, you will assist in generating sales leads from a variety of fleet customers interested in natural gas vehicle technology. In a nutshell, you'll contact fleet companies via phone, email, and social media with the objective to obtain and pass along a sales qualified lead to the Business Development Manager.
We'll provide some leads and you'll source others yourself. You will also collaborate with members of the Business Development team, particularly in getting feedback to use in improving processes and approaches. More specifically, you will:
- Make a high volume of outbound cold and warm calls to companies using excellent sales and communication skills.
- Secure a discussion with the decision-maker and probe for the applicable information necessary to set a productive face-to-face sales call for our field-based Business Development Managers.
- Create sales cadences to contact companies via phone, email, voicemail, and social media.
- Identify ideal customer profiles and gather lead lists.
- Write phone scripts based on individual feedback.
- Write emails to targeted companies and individuals with appropriate messaging and accurate grammar.
- Research companies and individuals via the Internet and social media websites.
- Work directly with the Business Development Managers in the field and coordinate with their calendars to set up appointments with potential customers.
- Collaborate with the BDMs on ways to make more effective appointment calls.
- Utilize creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to proactively develop new ideas and/or creative marketing programs to stimulate customer interest and demand, resulting in new approaches to prospecting and lead generation.
- Utilize metrics and reports to creatively identify ways to improve lead generation and sales performance.
More Good ReasonsTactical and strategic impact
This is not a sales administrator role, but a peer and partner to our outside sales professionals. That will give you the opportunity to share ideas and insights with that group in order to continually improve your results. This new initiative has the potential to move the needle and impact the bottom line.
If the initiative is successful -- and you'll play a key role in ensuring it is -- we'll be looking for talent to step into lead roles as we scale up. Alternatively, you might set your sights on become a Business Development Manager or Account Executive.
Green standard for sustainability
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. But did you also know that natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfill via waste-to-energy solutions? Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, we recently entered into an agreement with UPS to provide them with 170 million gallon equivalents of Redeem renewable natural gas (RNG) through 2026. Clean Energy's Redeem is the world's first renewable fuel made entirely from organic waste for commercial vehicles, and this partnership with UPS will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 1 million metric tons.
In addition to a competitive wage and discretionary performance-based bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.