The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Purchasing Representative opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree and 2-5 years of purchasing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the some or all of the types of items being ordered -- station equipment, electrical and mechanical components, piping, and construction materials.
- Solid hands-on experience in cradle-to-grave project-based procurement, including expertise in the procurement of both low-volume, high-value assets and high-volume commodity items.
- Experience in coordination of logistics and supporting RFP development, proposal evaluation, and bid analysis.
- Solid sourcing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and strong Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.). Ability to quickly learn new software/systems.
- Robust attention to detail and a track record of accuracy.
- Strong and effective communication and documentation skills with the ability to work across departments and levels.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and to work in a fast-paced environment, while at the same time making sound decisions.
- The ability to work with autonomy and as part of the team and perform under deadline pressure.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Professional certification such as CPM.
- Working knowledge of procurement systems within integrated ERP or WMS systems, ideally Microsoft D365 ERP.
- A commercial driver's license (CDL).
- Project-based procurement experience.
The RoleOpportunity Overview
Reporting to the Director, Supply Chain, you will join a procurement team of four that is disbursed in the US and Canada. You'll support two areas of operations in Evanston:
- Pick-and-pack warehousing will involve purchasing of equipment, parts, materials and tools required to build and operate LNG or CNG fueling stations or landfill gas processing facilities. Your work in this area will be project-driven.
- Manufacturing will be more linear, as you ensure materials and parts are on hand to keep manufacturing processes moving.
- Assist Construction and Operations in compiling information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of materials; keep records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories
- Utilize the operating system's MRP granule to ensure proper inventory levels in the central warehouse, remote warehouses and service vehicles.
- Adhere to proper buying procedures and controls to ensure strict compliance with procurement contracts and agreements. This will include creating purchase orders and coordinating logistics.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates and place orders with new and existing suppliers.
- Work closely with suppliers and sub/contractors to meet requirements relating to deadlines and quality; work with the appropriate internal stakeholders to minimize or avoid material impact on the total project goals.
- Assess and control project spend to realize cost savings opportunities, leveraging a basic understanding of job cost accounting.
- Measure, assess and control supplier performance to anticipate and resolve potential delay of project milestones or project cost escalation.
- Prepare invitation of bid forms and send to the appropriate suppliers.
- Plan for items that have a long lead time, such as major capital equipment, parts for electrical controls, instrumentation, transmitters etc.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
Pictured: One of the main components of an LNG fueling station are above-ground storage tanks.
More Good ReasonsAutonomy and support
We'll give you the elbow room you need to succeed, but you'll also have support from the Director and other team members, both in Evanston and in other locations. You're bound to add new skills and knowledge to your skill-set.
With both manufacturing and warehousing to support, you are bound to add to your knowledge and experience. Additionally, if you are interested in obtaining a commercial driver's license, we'll consider helping you get it. That way you could help out now and again if a larger part needs to be picked up or delivered.
Green standard for sustainability
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. But did you also know that natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfill via waste-to-energy solutions? Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals.
Great place to live and work
Evanston, Wyoming is the county seat of Uinta County and home to some 12,000 residents who enjoy the lifestyle you can only find in a small-town community. We'll be honest, though: Southwest Wyoming isn't for everyone. At more than 6700 feet above sea level, it's high, dry desert. Winters last from October to late April/early May and, while we do get snow, it's not the deep snowdrifts you might be picturing.
Of course, top rated skiing is only a couple of hours away in Utah, such as Park City and Deer Valley. In fact, Wyoming is known for diverse outdoor recreation amenities. The people are friendly and the cost of living is well below the national average . . . Wyoming has no state income tax, for example. For more information and images, please visit the Evanston Chamber of Commerce. Clicking on this link will open a new browser window, but be sure to come back to submit your resume!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Pictured: Clean Energy is actively expanding America's Natural Gas Highway, a coast-to-coast and border-to-border network of fueling stations on the Interstate Highway System and in major metropolitan areas.
Keys to SuccessYour purchasing, planning and analytical skills will be essential but just important will be the soft skills needed to fit our culture and environment. Flexibility, initiative, a commitment to quality and timeliness, as well as the ability to build strong relationships will be critical.
You should be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving and sometimes challenging environment -- we have a high-value inventory including 10-15,000 parts. If you're adaptable, able to wear multiple hats, and like the challenge of building and making a noticeable impact through your own efforts, you'll have the opportunity to grow and advance here. There will be clear KPIs (i.e. dollars saved, inventory, deadline adherence, etc.) to measure performance, but your ability to work with contacts inside and outside the team will also inform success.
In addition, to be an outstanding Purchasing Representative, you will be:
- A self-motivated, self-starter who cares about your role and the success of the department and company.
- An outstanding communicator able to build relationships and work effectively up and down the chain of command.
- Committed to meeting deadlines every time.
- Passionate about quality and service.
- A persistent, solutions-oriented problem-solver.
About UsTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy Cryogenics has built more LNG fueling stations for vehicles than anyone else in North America. Clean Energy Cryogenics has also constructed fueling facilities for some of the world's largest marine companies that have launched their first LNG-powered container ships and many of the country's rail companies that are in their early stages of transitioning to LNG.
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets. We have the most experience in inventing and manufacturing today's natural gas technologies. We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas stations across North America.
Clean Energy owns and operates LNG plants and renewable processing facilities, producing CNG, LNG and Redeem (RNG) fuels for our own stations and our clients' stations. Our network of over 800 LNG and CNG fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Our stations are fueling service vehicles at 37+ major airports, and our strategically located truck-friendly CNG and LNG fueling stations, the network we call America's Natural Gas Highway™, are designed to keep heavy duty fleets fueled up and on the road.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.