The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Inventory Control Coordinator opportunity, you will have:
- 0 to 3 years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills and the ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Basic math skills.
- The initiative and motivation to learn quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer service approach.
- A solid work ethic and the ability to "think on your feet."
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- The ability to life up to 25 lbs.
- Experience with standard inventory control concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (ideally MS Dynamics) and/or MS Excel.
- A bachelor's degree.
The RoleReporting to the Inventory Control Supervisor, you will join a team that includes two other Inventory Control Coordinators. Each Coordinator covers a region that includes about 70 locations. A handful are regional hubs, but most are smaller storage sites used by the Field Service Technicians.
You'll assist with activities related to the warehousing and inventory function. A key goal will be driving inventory accuracy by executing strategy provided by the Supervisor. You can expect to perform just about all the responsibilities list below on a daily basis, but a large part of your time will be spent in assisting employees, vendors and clients by answering questions related to stock, procedures, and services. Your biggest "customer" group will be the Technicians.
More specifically, you will:
- Record activity and maintain control of all inventory items purchased and produced.
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with standard inventory control concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Support executing annual physical inventories.
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies between physical and system(s) inventory.
- Code and record data for input to the financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Create, run, sort, review and analyze Excel spreadsheet reports and make corrections as needed.
- Investigate count discrepancies, adjust errors, and reconcile report discrepancies and problems.
- Work with Warranty and Repair Administrator and other warehouse personnel to ensure that inventory movement is accurate and transparent.
- Help create standard operating procedures (SOP) for process flow within Supply Chain.
- Assist with warehouse closures as needed.
- Properly track and post inventory in ERP system to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with related special projects, as required.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
Pictured: The Field Service Technicians are the "face" of Clean Energy to our customers, and you will play an important role in helping them be successful.
What's in It for YouCommitted to your success
We want to see you learn, grow and excel. In addition to initial training, we'll provide additional opportunities to expand your skills, including getting experience in different areas. If you have the initiative and desire, we'll provide the coaching and tools you need.
This role will provide you with a unique birds' eye view of our organization, as Inventory interacts with a wide variety of departments. Once you have proven yourself in this role, you might set your sights on a variety of career paths, and we'll support you in those efforts. From here you might look at opportunities in accounts payable, maintenance planning, purchasing, customer service and other areas.
Compelling value proposition
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. Clean Energy helps companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals. But natural gas fuel is cheaper (~$1.50 cheaper per gallon than diesel), domestically abundant, and it works. And using natural gas reduces America's dependence on foreign oil
Green standard for sustainability
Unlike other fossil fuels, natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfill via waste-to-energy solutions. Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Pictured: Clean Energy's fueling stations make up America's Natural Gas Highway®, a network of truck fueling stations on interstate highways connecting major metropolitan areas coast-to-coast and border-to-border.
Keys to SuccessThe Inventory Control team is a customer service group, supporting a variety of internal customers. We'll expect you to bring a service orientation to every interaction. You'll need to be able to get along with diverse personalities, and you'll need patience; for example, you may have to explain a process more than once to the same person. Attention to detail will be essential. You may talk to 75 different contacts in a day, and each one deserves careful and accurate attention.
We are serious when we say we'll help you learn and grow. At the same time, you'll need the initiative and self-motivation to take advantage of that help. You'll need to be proactive about getting up to speed with this role as quickly as possible. After that, if there is something new you want to learn about, you should ask.
If you need a step-by-step playbook to guide you through the day, this probably isn't the right position for you. We have processes and systems in place, but we also deal with exceptions and unique situations. To excel in this role you will be able to solve problems and make decisions independently. At the same time, you should have the common sense to know when to ask for guidance.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Inventory Control Coordinator, you will:
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Bring a sense of urgency, but also work accurately.
- Keep an eye out for ways to improve processes.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude.
About UsTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets. We have the most experience in inventing and manufacturing today's natural gas technologies. We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas stations across North America.
Clean Energy owns and operates LNG plants and renewable processing facilities, producing CNG, LNG and Redeem (RNG) fuels for our own stations and our clients' stations. Our network of over 550 LNG and CNG fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Our stations are fueling service vehicles at 37+ major airports, and our strategically located truck-friendly CNG and LNG fueling stations, the network we call America's Natural Gas Highway™, are designed to keep heavy duty fleets fueled up and on the road.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.