To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Service Coordinator opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree, ideally in Accounting or an operational field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience; CPM certification is an advantage
- 3-5 years of experience in order processing, estimating, maintenance planning, parts ordering or similar role
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite applications, particularly Word and Excel; ERP experience preferred, ideally MS Dynamics
- Knowledge and experience with station equipment, electrical and mechanical components, piping, and construction materials is a plus
- Robust attention to detail and a track record of accuracy
- The ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, while making sound decisions and performing under deadline pressure
- Solid mathematical skills
- The initiative and motivation to learn quickly
- Strong interpersonal and active listening skills
- Effective verbal and written communication and documentation skills, with the ability to work across departments and levels
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Service, you will be seated in our Newport Beach Corporate location, and serve as the sole Service Coordinator on the team. You will primarily be responsible for preparing work orders, estimates and processing requests for the overhaul and maintenance of CNG and LNG fueling station equipment.
Daily, you will work with the Service Technicians, Operations Management, and the Purchasing and Billing functions to approve and process the service work orders to completion. You will gather information then create and review the invoices for customers to submit to the billing department.
More specifically, as part of your essential duties and responsibilities you will:
- Review and approve completed service orders to ensure critical data is recorded and accurate, such as labor hours, parts used, compressor hours and review notes entered by technicians for completeness. Compare to trends and have the ability to recommend corrections as needed.
- Data entry associated with CMMS (computerized maintenance management system), processing service work orders as appropriate, providing necessary reports, supporting IT as required, and providing support to the Operations team.
- Follow established procedures to execute the planning and scheduling process.
Routinely communicate processes to technicians and other stakeholders.
- Generate/add new Service Work Orders as requested.
- Assemble work schedules that take into account equipment needs, equipment availability, labor needs and labor availability.
- Work closely with the Operations Management and Supply Chain to understand and optimize scheduled work.
- Keep abreast of work prioritization processes within Operations, Quality, Safety, and with other stakeholders.
- Closely work with the billing department to review and process invoices to the customer.
Pictured: The Field Service Technicians are the "face" of Clean Energy to our customers, and you will play an important role supporting their full-cycle workflow.
More Good ReasonsConsider a few more good reasons to join us:
Committed to your success
We want to see you learn, grow and excel. In addition to initial training, we'll provide additional opportunities to expand your skills, including getting experience understanding field operations, potentially going out in the field with a technician to see the work done. If you have the initiative and desire, we'll provide the coaching and support you need.
This role will provide you with a unique birds' eye view of our field organization, as you interact with a wide variety of people and departments. Once you have proven yourself in this role, you might set your sights on a variety of career paths, and we'll support you in those efforts. From here you might look at opportunities in accounts payable, maintenance planning, purchasing, customer service and other areas.
Compelling value proposition
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. Clean Energy helps companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals. But natural gas fuel is cheaper (~$1.50 cheaper per gallon than diesel), domestically abundant, and it works. And using natural gas reduces America's dependence on foreign oil
Green standard for sustainability
Unlike other fossil fuels, natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfill via waste-to-energy solutions. Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Tips for Success
We have processes and systems in place, but we also deal with exceptions and unique situations. To excel in this role you will be able to solve problems and make decisions independently. At the same time, you should have the common sense to know when to ask for guidance.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Service Work Order Estimator, you will:
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Bring a sense of urgency, but also work accurately.
- Keep an eye out for ways to improve processes.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude.