The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Contract Analyst opportunity, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience in a document management, grants analyst, or other related roles.
- Proven organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities in person and via phone or email.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- A sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- A professional and proactive work ethic.
- The ability to:
- Read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Write correspondence.
- Compute simple mathematical equations.
The RoleReporting to the Director, Sales Operations, as a Contract Analyst with Clean Energy, you will partner with Grant agencies and other key stakeholders to help our customers secure funding and serve as the conduit between our customers and these agencies. This is a role with a significant administrative / clerical component where you will focus heavily on the reporting and reimbursement aspect of the grant process. We will look to you to collect, gather and organize documents and ensure we have all of the components in place to get the reimbursement or meet the ongoing reporting requirements.
Prove yourself in this role, and you will have the ability to expand your skill set and gain experience in other areas within the grants process, such as writing applications.
More specifically, your essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate, prepare and assemble proposal, reporting and reimbursement documents.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of proposal, reporting and reimbursement documents.
- Maintain current files, including our database, on funding programs, projects and contracts.
- Write, edit and proofread grant proposals, documents and other reports or correspondence necessary for funding agencies.
- Prepare grant and incentive invoices assuring all documents submitted are in compliance with funding contract.
- Calculate emission and job benefits as necessary to support grant application and management.
- Track critical dates as required by funding agreements.
- Identify and implement compliance requirements as required by federal, state, or regional government and non-governmental incentives and grants.
- Review time-sensitive, confidential materials and notifying proper parties regarding deadlines. Communicate with external and internal parties as directed or required to foster and promote Clean Energy’s grants related work or activities.
- Participate in project development and strategy meetings with the grants team, business development staff and potential customers.
- As a mentor, provide guidance and oversight to new hires and summer interns as assigned.
- Manage other duties as assigned.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Why Clean EnergyProfessional and career development
Growth and change are fundamental dynamics at Clean Energy, and they can create opportunities for strong performers. Once you've found success in this role, you might move up within the Grants organization, or set your sights on a role within another department or location.
Green standard for sustainability
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. But did you also know that natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfill via waste-to-energy solutions? Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, in October 2016 we opened a new state-of-the-art CNG station, in partnership with FedEx, in Oklahoma City. The station that will allow over 100 FedEx Freight Class 8 trucks (big-rigs) to use the convenience of fast-fueling as well as money-saving time-fueling.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Pictured: Clean Energy's fueling stations make up America's Natural Gas Highway®, a network of truck fueling stations on interstate highways connecting major metropolitan areas coast-to-coast and border-to-border.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will have the unique ability to keep a lot of documents, data and details organized and processed smoothly. There are a lot of moving parts involved with this function, and it will be your job to keep everything on-track and organized.
You should be able to achieve goals independently, but you also should contribute effectively as a team player. Interpersonal and communication skills will be essential as you build relationships with internal and external contacts.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Contract Analyst you will:
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Bring a sense of urgency, but also work accurately.
- Keep an eye out for ways to improve processes.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude.
- Take initiative to solve problems on your own, but also know when to ask for help.
About UsTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets. We have the most experience in inventing and manufacturing today's natural gas technologies. We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas stations across North America.
Clean Energy owns and operates LNG plants and renewable processing facilities, producing CNG, LNG and Redeem (RNG) fuels for our own stations and our clients' stations. Our network of over 530 LNG and CNG fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Our stations are fueling service vehicles at 37+ major airports, and our strategically located truck-friendly CNG and LNG fueling stations, the network we call America's Natural Gas Highway™, are designed to keep heavy duty fleets fueled up and on the road.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.