The RequirementsTo be a strong candidate for the Manager, Talent Acquisition opportunity, you will have:
- At least 7 years of HR related experience and/or training, including 2+ years of human resources management experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A bachelor's degree.
- Broad human resources experience, including demonstrated expertise in recruitment, employee relations, and training.
- Strong computer skills including intermediate ability with MS Office Suite applications, (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint), HRIS experience, Ultimate software is highly preferred, and advanced Internet research skills.
- Knowledge of labor laws in and outside of California.
- Experience with a diverse employee group dispersed nationally.
- Experience managing relationships with third-party vendors.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve goals and meet compliance and other requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to quality.
- Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
The RoleOpportunity Overview
Working directly with the Vice President, Administration and the Director, Human Resources, as Manager, Talent Acquisition, you will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the organization by planning, implementing, and evaluating recruiting and employee relations and policies, programs and practices. You will advise, influence and guide management on human capital strategies, focusing primarily on recruiting, employee relations, and training
You will manage and balance your responsibilities, effectively prioritizing as demand in the various areas ebbs and flows. You will:
- Identify and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance including upkeep of the employee handbook.
- Provide guidance and support to management on issues involving performance management and compliance with internal policies, as well as all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Investigate and resolve human resources and employee relations issues. Advise management as to the appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Develop recruitment strategies and tools to ensure the best candidate selection; actively source and recruit.
- Oversee the pre-employment process and new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Oversee company training programs including management training, sexual harassment prevention, and new hire orientation training.
- Develop performance management strategies to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization.
- Manage a variety of documentation, reporting and administrative requirements as needed/required.
More Good ReasonsExcellent compensation
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Our beautifully appointed offices are headquartered in Newport Beach, CA with an onsite fitness center and outdoor courtyard area.
Autonomy and support
We'll give you the elbow room to succeed, but you'll also have support from strong HR leaders and a top-notch team when you need it. In fact, we all support one another and cross-train to do so. You're bound to add new skills and knowledge to your already well-developed skill-set.
Exposure is greater at Clean Energy because of our straight line approach to management. We maintain a hands-on, open door policy from the CEO, and partnering/collaboration is the norm throughout the organization. We value transparency, and because HR touches every area, you will learn and gain valuable insight.
Compelling value proposition
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. Clean Energy helps companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals. But natural gas fuel is cheaper, domestically abundant, and it works. And using natural gas reduces America's dependence on foreign oil. You can feel proud knowing your efforts support a clean environment.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens. In addition, he was Staff Assistant to President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Keys to SuccessThis opportunity will provide you a chance to provide hiring managers outstanding service, a sense of urgency and a demonstrated commitment to meeting their hiring needs. You’ll also balance other priorities to meet the breadth of your responsibilities.
As with all employee relations focused HR roles, you need to walk that fine line between supporting business objectives and promoting employee satisfaction and retention. To excel in the role, you will inspire trust and confidence so that employees are comfortable approaching you and so that leadership knows you understand and support the big picture. You will be proactive about building relationships and leverage your influencing skills to drive improvements.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Manager, Talent Acquisition, you will:
- Remain willing to roll up your sleeves to achieve goals.
- Deal effectively with ambiguity as we continue to grow and evolve.
- Combine an analytical approach with creativity in solving problems.
- Continue to learn and advance your skills even as you serve as an SME.