The RequirementsTo meet the basic requirement for the Corporate Communications Manager, you must have legal authorization to work for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for this opportunity you will need:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience related to Public Relations, or the equivalent combination of experience and education
- A bachelor's degree is preferred, ideally in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop exemplary copy on an as needed basis
- Strong knowledge of social media and how to leverage its influence
- Practiced strategic planning skills, with a willingness to work in a tactical, hands-on way, as required
- A strong understanding of corporate dynamics
- The ability to influence internal and external stakeholders from high-level decision makers to beat reporters
- The skill to navigate quarterly earnings and other financial reports
- Advanced interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Polished public speaking / presentation abilities
- Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite applications
- Self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals independently
- The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- Strong learning acumen, follow-through and attention to detail
- A passion for clean energy. You will be an ambassador for natural gas solutions, promoting the facts that natural gas is cheaper, cleaner, domestic -- good for the US, creates jobs, and more
- The ability to travel 10% or less of the time
- Internal corporate and/or strong communication experience, or an agency background focusing on political media
- Experience working in a high-growth company
- Industry experience
The RoleReporting to the Vice President of Sales and working closely with our external Sr. Communications Consultant, as Corporate Communications Manager it will be your role to help develop, coordinate and direct the public relations, media relations and social media strategies for Clean Energy. You will work with a closely knit internal team which includes Graphic Design, as well as manage the relationships with our PR Communications and Social Media firms.
You’ll leverage your strong public and media relations skills to mine the core stories about Clean Energy and our related businesses, and play a lead role in short and long-term messaging execution. You’ll integrate mediums such as social and traditional media, and cultivate relationships with beat reporters and producers, messaging through traditional channels and echoing through social media. Specifically, you will develop, coordinate, and direct public relations and media relations strategies that support Clean Energy by performing duties that will include:
- Planning and implementing Clean Energy's public relations strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Developing, executing and managing a comprehensive strategy to represent the company through all social media channels.
- Representing the Company to the press and public by acting as a chief corporate spokesperson.
- Fielding and directing responses to all media-related inquiries.
- Researching and writing copy for corporate promotional materials.
- Reviewing and analyzing the suitability of publications, reports, and research data before it’s released to the public.
- Preparing and distributing news releases, photographs, fact sheets, etc. to media representatives and other interested parties.
- Assessing public attitudes toward Clean Energy and our products and developing programs to promote favorable attitudes.
- Developing contacts and relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for keeping Clean Energy and its products/services in front of the public and the trade.
- Maintaining a database of public relations and media contacts.
- Advising on the preparation and presentation of product or service information at trade shows, displays, and exhibits.
- Developing ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations, and other public relations activities that promote awareness of the Company and its products and services.
- Assisting and coaching company staff with public speaking engagements, presentations, and media interviews.
- Arranging for station and plant tours.
- Helping develop and conduct customer opinion surveys and managing public relations aspects of customer testing programs.
Why Clean Energy FuelKnowledgeable, supportive management
Our leadership understands the value of what we do, therefore you will have the support and empowerment to lead and grow our strategy.
Visible growth role where you can make an impact
You'll be looked to as taking point on all media relations and PR. You’ll own and grow the role, bringing a strong strategic plan to the table and working closely with other team members, multiple departments and a variety of levels and talent up to C-level executives.
Put your mark on the on the PR vision
You’ll need to be down in the weeds handling some tactical duties alongside your strategic responsibilities, but this is a prime platform to help develop and execute the Media and Public Relations vision. If you're excited by the challenge and are already formulating ideas, you could be the right person to drive the vision.
Green Standard for Sustainability
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. But did you also know that natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfill via waste-to-energy solutions? Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals.
Proven Strong Leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, in October 2016 we opened a new state-of-the-art CNG station, in partnership with FedEx, in Oklahoma City. The station that will allow over 100 FedEx Freight Class 8 trucks (big-rigs) to use the convenience of fast-fueling as well as money-saving time-fueling.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Keys to SuccessBecause this is an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment filled with people who are excited by and dedicated to the mission and development of the natural gas highway, it requires a unique individual to take point on Public Relations. Of course you’ll need all of your experience and skill, but your interpersonal abilities and personality will be paramount. You should be engaged and engaging, able to influence internally and externally and be hands-on and willing to wear multiple hats.
You'll excel with the autonomy that this role provides and shine in an environment that allows you to use your experience and skills to achieve our vision.
About Clean EnergyTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets. We have the most experience in inventing and manufacturing today's natural gas technologies. We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas stations across North America.
Clean Energy owns and operates LNG plants and renewable processing facilities, producing CNG, LNG and Redeem (RNG) fuels for our own stations and our clients' stations. Our network of over 550 LNG and CNG fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Our stations are fueling service vehicles at 37+ major airports, and our strategically located truck-friendly CNG and LNG fueling stations, the network we call America's Natural Gas Highway™, are designed to keep heavy duty fleets fueled up and on the road.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.