The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Senior Logistics / Transportation Specialist opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree. We also will consider non-degreed candidates with an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Solid experience with transportation planning, preferably with industrial gas or liquid products; experience with hazardous materials (such as gasoline or diesel) would be ideal.
- Proven strong mathematical and analytical skills, and the ability to work with concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems involving a large number of variables.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications; experience with transportation management software (we use MercuryGate) is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with customers.
- Experience coordinating or maintaining maintenance/compliance schedules is a plus.
Pictured: We develop, build and operate public and private stations that dispense LNG, compressed natural gas (CNG) and renewable natural gas (RNG), or a combination of these. You'll play a key role in ensuring the LNG stations always have the inventory they need.
The RoleReporting to the Vice President, Energy Management, you will join a team and be assigned to either the western or eastern half of the US. You will manage all aspects of the company's regional LNG supply and distribution activities. This will include daily scheduling of loads of LNG for resupply operations to company-owned and customer-owned LNG stations, as well as providing customers, management and subcontractors with logistics information that ensures effective and economical support.
You can expect to be busy, as the team schedules about 25 truckloads a day. You'll work with multiple variables, including inventory levels, established delivery schedules, and more. Success will depend on your ability to analyze previous needs, identify trends and forecast future needs.
More specifically, you will:
- Optimize regional logistics operations to ensure lowest delivered cost of LNG supply as a risk/reward tradeoff versus supply to market distance in order to maximize margin while eliminating risk of station run outs.
- Monitor LNG supply from various plants, ensuring loads are distributed in the most economical way.
- Analyze contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop logistic program activities.
- Schedule daily/weekly loads of LNG to customers, coordinating with trucking company and external customers.
- Coordinate efforts of subcontractors, sales, operations, accounting, and field service personnel to ensure meeting of contractual commitments.
- Track LNG supply take or pay commitments versus actual takes.
- Ensure timely deliveries by monitoring LNG levels, truck locations, and ETAs.
- Manage all LNG customer relations relating to LNG logistics in designated region.
- Support coordination of regional LNG trailer maintenance and inspection schedules to help ensure compliance with U.S. codes and standards.
- Prepare incoming LNG data for billing, such as data entry, filing, and customer follow up.
- Resolve delivery and/or billing issues as required.
- Advise management on all supply and logistics issues.
- Prepare and deliver reports to management as required.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
What's in It for YouAutonomy and support
We'll give you the elbow room you need to succeed, but you'll also have support when you need it. The others in the group have solid experience in the role and will help you get up to speed, and the VP will act as a resource.
This position will set you up to build a long and rewarding career at Clean Energy. You'll learn other aspects of our logistics and supply chain operations, and you'll be able to showcase your analytical skills as well as your ability to move the optimization needle.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, in November 2017 Clean Energy won a contract with Dallas Fort Worth International to provide the airport's fleets with Redeem™ renewable natural gas. Redeem is the first renewable and commercially available vehicle fuel made entirely from 100% organic waste. The use of RNG has the potential to reduce DFW fleet emissions by approximately 70%.
Compelling value proposition
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. Clean Energy helps companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals. But natural gas fuel is cheaper, domestically abundant, and it works. And using natural gas reduces America's dependence on foreign oil.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Video: The fueling stations you will support are essential to customers that have recognized the value of LNG fuel -- including the fact that natural gas fuels deliver performance that matches and surpasses gasoline and diesel. This video showcases the Cummins-Westport ISX12N engine, fueled by Clean Energy LNG, as it easily masters some of Southern California's most challenging highways.
Keys to SuccessIf you're the person we're looking for, you enjoy taking on and overcoming challenges. In many ways it is like trying to hit moving targets while being blindfolded -- day in and day out. There are a lot of variables to take into account: inventory levels, distances, common carriers, established vs. flexible schedules, LNG loss to evaporation, and more. For those of us on the team, hitting targets on a consistent basis is a source of pride.
For that you will need sharp analytical skills, but the role also requires strong interpersonal abilities. You'll interact with customers, contractors and a wide variety of internal contacts, and we'll look to you to bring a customer service approach to those interactions. Often you'll coordinate among multiple stakeholders to achieve goals. For the most part you will find people collaborative, but there may be times when you'll need to use your influencing skills.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Senior Logistics / Transportation Specialist, you will:
- Take a proactive approach to getting up to speed quickly.
- Bring the motivation to constantly dig deeper into the data: What variables have we overlooked?
- Possess the analytical courage to make a decision even when you don't have all the data you'd like to have.
- Pay close attention to a lot of details, but also understand the big picture.
- Organize your time well, but also remain flexible as priorities shift.
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve processes.
About UsTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets. We have the most experience in inventing and manufacturing today's natural gas technologies. We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas stations across North America.
Clean Energy owns and operates LNG plants and renewable processing facilities, producing CNG, LNG and Redeem (RNG) fuels for our own stations and our clients' stations. Our network of over 550 LNG and CNG fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Our stations are fueling service vehicles at 37+ major airports, and our strategically located truck-friendly CNG and LNG fueling stations, the network we call America's Natural Gas Highway™, are designed to keep heavy duty fleets fueled up and on the road.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.