The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent; 5+ years of related experience, and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some billing experience; top candidates will have 5+ years of experience in billing.
- The ability to develop an in-depth understanding of the overall principles of billing.
- Experience with a publicly traded company is highly preferred.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office applications, including intermediate to advanced skills in Excel; familiarity with formulae, VLOOKUP and pivot tables is a strong plus.
- Strong experience with major ERP systems, ideally MS Dynamics AX.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people in different functional areas.
- The ability to achieve goals independently as well as to contribute effectively to team projects.
- The ability to work with customers directly over the phone.
- A drive for results and proactive spirit.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- The motivation to grow professionally.
The RoleReporting to the Manager, Revenue and Billing, you will apply broad knowledge of billing and accounts receivables to provide accurate and timely submission of customer invoices and collections processes. This will include:
- Compiling complex data, processing all invoices and following up with customers.
- Collaborating with and providing expertise on billing practices to department colleagues to increase billing effectiveness.
- Preparing all customer invoices for an entity with a multitude of operating companies.
- Be the expert in the area of billing, applying innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Retrieve all monthly gas indexes.
- Review billing matrix, commodity bills or other records necessary (such as monthly indexes) to compile data needed for invoice preparation for Clean Energy and all subsidiaries.
- Interpret and apply company policies to a wide variety of issues and practices.
- Prepare invoices for CNG, LNG, NG and miscellaneous sales.
- Prepare daily Volume Report and provide to Senior Management.
- Print and submit customers' daily usage and report/accounting reports.
- Prepare and calculate yearly pricing index for customer billing.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
Pictured: Clean Energy continues to expand America's Natural Gas Highway™, our network of more than 800 LNG and CNG fueling stations. ANGH ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America.
What's in It for YouProfessional growth
You'll join a department with talented billing professionals, and this role is an opportunity where you will continue to develop your skills, grow your career and enjoy the guidance of a supervisor expert in her field. Of course, that doesn't mean you'll be micro-managed. We are all very busy, so while there will be help when you need it, you'll have plenty of "elbow room" when you don't.
The right solutions
As more organizations explore alternative fuel vehicles, Clean Energy offers the right solutions at the right time. Nearly 14 million natural gas vehicles are on the road throughout the world, but only about 117,000 are in the U.S., according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Clean Energy is actively changing that statistic by building an infrastructure of commercial fueling stations, as well as building a portfolio of subsidiary, like-minded companies to drive success.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, in October 2016 we opened a new state-of-the-art CNG station, in partnership with FedEx, in Oklahoma City. The station that will allow over 100 FedEx Freight Class 8 trucks (big-rigs) to use the convenience of fast-fueling as well as money-saving time-fueling.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Video: Clean Energy Renewables is a leading producer, marketer and distributor of biomethane, also referred to as Redeem™ when sold as a vehicle fuel. Redeem is a renewable natural gas for commercial vehicles that lowers greenhouse gas emissions and promotes America's energy independence.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will bring a positive attitude and willingness to learn, whatever your background. If you are still early in your billing career, you should bring the initiative to start contributing even as you are learning. If you already have a good deal of experience, you'll need to be open to learning the way we do things here.
We process hundreds of invoices a month, and each customer has different requirements, so you'll need to be comfortable using a variety of computer and online programs. You'll also need to be organized and detail oriented. We take pride in our collaborative culture and the ideal candidate will be someone who can work independently and also contribute as a team player.
This is a fast-paced environment and you'll need to be able to multi-task, manage your time and prioritize. We're looking for an organized professional who is willing to take ownership of the role and meet deadlines with quality work. You'll take a strategic approach to your work, looking at things from the high level and bringing a level of synergy and efficiency to the group -- we're always looking for ways to work smarter, not harder.
Pictured: Clean Energy operates one of the largest technical field service organizations in the industry, one of many services we offer customers.
About UsTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets. We have the most experience in inventing and manufacturing today's natural gas technologies. We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas stations across North America.
Clean Energy owns and operates LNG plants and renewable processing facilities, producing CNG, LNG and Redeem (RNG) fuels for our own stations and our clients' stations. Our network of over 550 LNG and CNG fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Our stations are fueling service vehicles at 37+ major airports, and our strategically located truck-friendly CNG and LNG fueling stations, the network we call America's Natural Gas Highway™, are designed to keep heavy duty fleets fueled up and on the road.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.