The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Sales Analyst opportunity, you also should have:
- A bachelor's degree, ideally in Sales, Marketing, Business or another related field
- Experience in analytical support roles, preferably supporting sales; a background in banking, consulting, public policy, compliance and/or research could be helpful
- A high degree of comfort working with technical information and concepts
- The ability to interact effectively with customers; customer-facing experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including intermediate skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid Internet skills
- Experience with CRM systems is a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple activities and priorities
- A detail orientation
- Strong and articulate written and verbal communication abilities
- The ability to achieve goals independently and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Pictured: We develop, build and operate public and private stations that dispense compressed natural gas (CNG), liquid natural gas (LNG), renewable natural gas (RNG), or a combination of these. You'll help us acquire new RNG customers and stay on top of deliverables to existing ones.
The RoleYou will join a Clean Energy Renewables team that includes the Director of Business Development, Business Development Manager and about four others. In this role, you will assist in several key areas, including:
- Managing all biomethane downstream vehicle fueling customer activities.
- Origination of new downstream biomethane vehicle fueling agreements.
- Origination of biomethane distribution and marketing agreements with third party developers.
- Efforts to market the environmental and economic advantages of biomethane vehicle fueling.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist with the development of proposals to potential customers and respond to solicitations including requests for proposals (RFPs), invitations for bids (IFBs), etc.
- Read, understand and analyze the customer's solicitation documents
- Draft, write and review proposal documents, with strong attention to details and accuracy
- Coordinate RFP document distribution, complete bid bond application, update RFP calendar and RFP list, review forms for accuracy and secure executive signatures
- Analyze moderately complex financial strategies to be shared internally and incorporate them into proposals
- Develop marketing materials and PowerPoint presentations for industry conferences and meetings with new supply sources and strategic partners
- Track and maintain detailed deal pipeline information that includes next steps and due date; you'll distribute regular status updates to the project origination team
- Develop and assist with financial pro-forma models and related analysis to evaluate the relative returns of downstream agreements
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of the potential markets for biomethane arid implications for project feasibility and financial returns
- Track and understand the off-take markets for the sale of biomethane as a vehicle fuel and power generation fuel, including analysis of state renewable portfolio standards (RPSs) and renewable energy credit programs
- Support environmental commodity operations and logistics
- Support accounting and compliance departments as needed
- Compile and revise information from department personnel and incorporate into proposals
- Assemble final proposals for submittal
- Provide input to the management team on new products or service on potential new customers
- Assist with developing, reviewing and implementing RFP best practices
- Assist with creating RFP tools, templates, and support materials for the sales team
- Assist with price analysis and comparisons on historical pricing data from previous solicitations; report to management on pricing strategies
- Assist with competitor analysis by researching, analyzing and staying current on competitors' proposals, pricing, equipment and strategies; you'll report to management with periodic updates on competitors
- Travel to and attend trade shows, pre-proposal conferences, and customer's facilities, as approved by supervisor
- Handle other duties as assigned
What's in It for YouProfessional development
The renewables sector is complex and dynamic, but if you are sharp and motivated, you should be able to start contributing right off the bat. For example, you'll work with Excel analyses that involve advanced functions like VLOOKUP and pivot tables, but they are already set up -- you should be able to use them even as you learn how they work. The team is small, so you may fill in when others are out, allowing you to learn beyond your job description. There's no better place to learn this business than at the industry leader.
Make an impact
We're looking for someone who is highly organized and detail oriented. That will put you in a position, as you monitor customer activities, to identify opportunities to make improvements. For example, recently we analyzed a couple of contracts and found a new way to structure commodity sales that were more profitable for the customers and for us. You'll support a wide variety of decisions.
This role will give you insight into just about all areas of our operations, allowing you to hone multiple skills, from analysis to account management -- skills that are highly valued in our organization. Our ongoing growth will create opportunities for proven performers, within Clean Energy Renewables and beyond in Clean Energy Fuels.
Compelling value proposition
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. Clean Energy helps companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals. But natural gas fuel is cheaper, domestically abundant, and it works. And using natural gas reduces America's dependence on foreign oil.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, in October 2016 we opened a new state-of-the-art CNG station, in partnership with FedEx, in Oklahoma City. The station that will allow over 100 FedEx Freight Class 8 trucks (big-rigs) to use the convenience of fast-fueling as well as money-saving time-fueling.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances; a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Pictured above: One of our key biomethane sources is a production facility at the McCommas Bluff landfill in Dallas, Texas, which is capable of producing 60,000 gasoline-gallons-equivalent of Redeem each day. Below: We currently offer Redeem through the majority of our public CNG and LNG stations in California. Redeem is available in other parts of the country to Clean Energy fleet vehicle customers.
Keys to SuccessIf you're the person we're looking for, you enjoy a challenge. The renewables market is constantly changing, the Clean Energy Renewables team operates at a fast pace, and there will be plenty to learn. It may take you two years to master all the nuances of your position and our business. You'll need flexibility, adaptability and the drive to take ownership of your own growth and development. We'll provide support, of course, but those who excel in our environment have an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong sense of ownership.
While we'll look to you to be resourceful and achieve goals independently, you shouldn't be afraid to ask questions. In fact, we all wear multiple hats, and initiative is important. If you see something that needs to be done or identify a problem that needs to be solved, we'll expect you to leverage the team for assistance or present potential solutions that can be considered. Ideas are always welcomed.
We work closely together as a team and you'll also interact with a variety of other contacts, internally and externally. You'll have individual responsibilities, but you'll also need to be a team player.
We maintain a business formal environment and display a high level of professionalism here at Clean Energy, as customers and investors visit our offices frequently. The culture is casual, entrepreneurial and results oriented, and people truly enjoy working here.
About UsTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets. We have the most experience in inventing and manufacturing today's natural gas technologies. We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas stations across North America.
Clean Energy owns and operates LNG plants and renewable processing facilities, producing CNG, LNG and Redeem (RNG) fuels for our own stations and our clients' stations. Our network of over 550 LNG and CNG fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Our stations are fueling service vehicles at 37+ major airports, and our strategically located truck-friendly CNG and LNG fueling stations, the network we call America's Natural Gas Highway™, are designed to keep heavy duty fleets fueled up and on the road.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.