The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Account Administrator opportunity you should have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in bookkeeping roles and familiarity with reconciliations.
- Computer savvy, including:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The ability to learn new tools and applications quickly.
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX software is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write reports.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- A solid work ethic and the ability to achieve goals independently.
The RoleReporting to the Financial Analyst Supervisor, you will act as a liaison between Accountants supporting the Engineering and Construction department. You'll review, reconcile, assist and verify budgets and costs for construction projects to maintain accurate records. Your key activities will fall into four main areas:
- Reconciling information in Dynamics AX and eBuilder (construction management software) to identify and fix miscodings/mispostings. This will include reviewing the daily error report.
- Interacting with construction Project Managers and construction accounting staff to obtain and update status, costs and other information.
- Helping prepare month-end reports during the last three days of each month.
- Using any down time to identify potential improvements and efficiencies.
More specifically, you will:
- Review and assist Project Managers and Accountants supporting the Engineering and Construction department with budgets and costs.
- Assist employees, vendors and/or customers by answering questions related to accounting systems maintenance, changes and setup.
- Assist in closing stations in accounting system (AX), based on properly defined documentation.
- Prepare weekly timesheet allocation schedules for various managers in the Engineering and Construction department to review.
- Review, balance and interpret accounting systems reports, and make corrections in the accounting and project systems (AX & eBuilder).
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with Project Managers and Accountants supporting the Engineering and Construction department.
- Reconcile report discrepancies and problems.
- Contact vendors or supply chain to resolve questions, inconsistencies or missing data in relation to the accounting systems.
- Post project budgets in accounting system (AX).
- Make necessary corrections to information entered.
- Compile, sort and verify accuracy of data to be entered into the accounting and project systems.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
We are proactive about helping our people grow and learn. We'll train you on AX, eBuilder and other systems, and also cross-train you to help in adjacent areas. You'll gain insights as you work across functional lines with a variety of stakeholders.
Make a difference
Once you have mastered our processes and systems, you will have a high-level view of this area. Combine that with the fact that the volume of work is not overwhelming, and you will be in a position to recognize, recommend and implement better ways of doing things.
You can depend on going home every day with very little stress, able to leave work behind and focus on the other important areas of your life. This could be an ideal position if you are working on completing a degree in Accounting, Construction Management or even Engineering.
Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. For instance, in October 2016 we opened a new state-of-the-art CNG station, in partnership with FedEx, in Oklahoma City. The station that will allow over 100 FedEx Freight Class 8 trucks (big-rigs) to use the convenience of fast-fueling as well as money-saving time-fueling.
Compelling value proposition
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. Clean Energy helps companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals. But natural gas fuel is also cheaper (~$1.50 cheaper per gallon than diesel), domestically abundant, and it works. And using natural gas reduces America's dependence on foreign oil. CleanEnergyFuels.com.
Proven strong leadership
You will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987. Our executive team's profiles can be viewed at CleanEnergyFuels.com. Clicking on this link will open a new browser window, but be sure to come back to submit your resume!
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
Pictured: You'll support Engineering and Construction operations that continue to expand America's Natural Gas Highway™, our network of over 550 LNG and CNG fueling stations. ANGH ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Video: Clean Energy produces Redeem™, the first commercially available, renewable natural gas vehicle fuel. Derived entirely from organic waste streams, it's available for a wide variety of commercial vehicles.
Keys to SuccessOrganization and time management will be important in this role. The volume of work definitely is manageable, but you'll benefit by planning ahead and working diligently. For example, during the month-end reporting we have to meet strict deadlines, but there will be little or no need for extra hours if you anticipate and prioritize effectively.
You'll need to ability to shift easily between focused, independent research (such as tracking down the sources of variances) and collaborative efforts with team members in multiple departments. You should take a customer service approach to supporting Project Managers, Accountants and others, positioning yourself as a resource. This is not a job you can accomplish on your own, so positive relationships will be essential. The team works well together and everyone pitches in as necessary -- we'll look to you to fit in with the same approach.
You also should bring initiative and self-discipline to take a project or task and run with it autonomously. At the same time, you should know when to ask for help. Once you are up to speed, you'll find that every day has a little downtime, and you should take advantage of that to improve. Accounting requires a degree of structure, of course, but we're looking for someone who is neither rigid nor rule-bound and therefore open to positive change.
About UsTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets. We have the most experience in inventing and manufacturing today's natural gas technologies. We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas stations across North America.
Clean Energy owns and operates LNG plants and renewable processing facilities, producing CNG, LNG and Redeem (RNG) fuels for our own stations and our clients' stations. Our network of over 550 LNG and CNG fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Our stations are fueling service vehicles at 37+ major airports, and our strategically located truck-friendly CNG and LNG fueling stations, the network we call America's Natural Gas Highway™, are designed to keep heavy duty fleets fueled up and on the road.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.