RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Working Call Center Supervisor opportunity, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5+ years of call center experience, including at least 2 years of management experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep understanding of the call center environment.
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate customer service reports.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication abilities to effectively interact with customers, staff and management.
- The ability to motivate and engage team members.
- The ability to effectively present information one-on-one or in a group.
- High-level ability to promptly respond to inquiries or support customers; manage escalations in a timely manner to ensure top notch customer service.
- The ability to multitask efficiently and model a strong sense of urgency and initiative.
- A high level of professionalism.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, including Intermediate proficiency in Excel.
Why Clean Energy
- Discernible impact in a dynamic environment – this is a huge opportunity to “own” this newly-created position and mold it to your strengths as you take your quality assurance and leadership skills to the next level.
- Platform for career growth -- we place a strong emphasis on employee development and succession planning and you will be ideally positioned to pursue other career advancement opportunities, based on your ambition and aptitude.
- Mentorship with proven leaders -- you will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
- Poised for explosive growth -- there's nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come...Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions.
- Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary, you are eligible for overtime and we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with discretionary company match, paid time off and more.
The RoleReporting to the Call Center Manager, you will join a small team of CSRs and team leads. Your shift runs either Tuesday - Saturday from 6pm to 3am or Sunday – Thursday from 8pm to 5am. You'll quickly learn the CSR function and also be trained as an SME to ensure quality assurance. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment where our call center typically receives 20-30 calls per hour and as many as 75 calls in peak time (this is environmentally driven when the climate gets hot and there's higher demand at the smart sites). It's critical that you know when to hop in and handle call overflow and/or take calls requiring extensive problem solving and when to escalate for further trouble shooting.
This role will evolve over time, but at a high level, you will spend most of your time managing calls. When the call volume slows down, you'll then spend some time listening in on calls and coaching and mentoring the team to ensure consistent call quality; and the remaining time will be spent overseeing reports, parts order processing and reviewing data entry logs. Specifically, your responsibilities will be to:
- Utilize CRM and Customer Service knowledge/database to solve customer concerns, ensure quality assurance and support company's goal of reducing call volume.
- Provide hands-on mentoring, training, support, and direction to the call center night representatives to ensure KPIs are met or exceeded.
- Answer calls, manage complex problems, ensuring amicable resolution and reliable follow-up with the customer within the communicated timeframe.
- Maintain contracted customer work orders through accurate and timely data entry.
- Create and follow up on quotes for parts sales to potential and current customers.
- Identify and analyze performance trends, management of personnel and recommend process improvements to leadership.
- Maintain courteous communications and a high level of customer experience quality in accordance with company standards.
- Determine proper staffing levels to ensure customer service expectations are met.
- Assist technicians with inspections (scheduling and rescheduling).
Keys to SuccessYour operations/QA expertise will be invaluable, of course, but you'll also need to manage and motivate your team with positive energy to ensure a superlative customer experience consistently on every single call. We'll also look to you to stay flexible with the ever evolving needs of the business, so if a team lead calls in sick, you'll be ready to cover and/or work holidays or do whatever it takes to ensure top notch customer service in a 365/24/7 call center environment. And finally, our fast paced, dynamic environment will require you to not only manage change but embrace it with open arms as you continually raise the performance bar for yourself and the team.
About Clean EnergyTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets. We have the most experience in inventing and manufacturing today's natural gas technologies. We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas stations across North America.
Clean Energy owns and operates LNG plants and renewable processing facilities, producing CNG, LNG and Redeem (RNG) fuels for our own stations and our clients' stations. Our network of over 550 LNG and CNG fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Our stations are fueling service vehicles at 37+ major airports, and our strategically located truck-friendly CNG and LNG fueling stations, the network we call America's Natural Gas Highway™, are designed to keep heavy duty fleets fueled up and on the road.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.