The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- At least five years of experience with ERP systems, including hands-on experience with both front end and back end issues; two or more years of MS Dynamics AX experience is strongly preferred.
- A strong understanding of the full lifecycle of multiple modules, based on hands-on experience with business analysis, administration and / or implementation. Experience with finance, supply chain / inventory control and / or warehousing modules would be ideal.
- Solid systems savvy, including:
- A demonstrated understanding of business functions and processes, and experience with process flow analysis / mapping.
- A big-picture understanding of how different departments and functional areas interact within the system.
- The ability to anticipate how a specific transaction impacts other areas of the system.
- Proficiency in ERP table setup structures and application processing.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability not only to drive to root causes, but also to correct issues caused in other areas by the original problem.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with people at multiple levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present technical ideas effectively to non-technical people and to translate user ideas into technical language.
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pictured: IMW, a Clean Energy company, manufactures compressors used in fueling and other facilities, as well as gas dispensers, control systems, storage systems and equipment enclosures.
The RoleReporting the to Manager of Business Applications, you will join a team that includes a Business Analyst, a Junior Business Analyst and a Help Desk Support Specialist. Your mission will be to act as the subject matter expert in MS Dynamics AX, supporting a user group that is not particularly large, but has quite diverse needs. The Business Application team is cross-trained, and others will get hands-on with AX, but you will be the go-to person for the ERP.
To give you a sense of the variety of activities and projects with which you will be involved, some of your key activities will be to:
- Support new rollouts for customers, including adding new modules and integrating new business units.
- Establish and communicate best practices for processes within applications.
- Troubleshoot issues escalated from the Help Desk.
- Train users.
- Provide decision support around projects and implementations.
- Lead projects occasionally.
- And more.
- Function as the first line of support on all ERP related issues, prioritizing as needed to maintain business continuity.
- Analyze, resolve and / or escalate issues as they are reported to meet Service Level Agreements with the business.
- Collaborate with both internal and third party consultants to ensure root cause issue resolution.
- Maintain all ERP issues and document their resolution via the IT Help Desk system.
- Protect and insure the stability of the operational systems as well as maintain the integrity of the data they contain.
- Assist in determining the impact of operational issues and provide input into their resolution via data extraction and quantification.
- Assess critical path and assist in implementation of any ERP project required by the business.
- Assist in providing support as required.
- Train users on Dynamics AX and related business processes.
Pictured: Clean Energy constructs, supplies, services and supports private fueling facilities for fleet operators as well as public use facilities, like this mixed-use facility near Los Angeles International Airport.
Why Clean EnergyGain diverse experience and skills -- the pictures throughout this description give you a brief glimpse of the various operating units that are part of the Clean Energy family. You may contribute to projects that impact any one of these areas. You will be exposed to just about all aspects of our business.
Career options -- you'll gain exposure to a variety of technologies, business areas, processes and systems, and develop a network of contacts across Clean Energy. Once you have proven yourself in this position, you might take your career in a number of directions within our company.
Proven strong leadership -- you will join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987. Our executive team's profiles can be viewed at CleanEnergyFuels.com.
Solid growth -- Clean Energy has the right solutions at the right time, as more and more organizations are exploring alternative fuel vehicles and solutions. We fuel over 30,000 vehicles at more than 340 strategic locations across the United States and Canada with a broad customer base in the refuse, transit, trucking, shuttle, taxi, airport and municipal fleet markets.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, such as a discretionary match on our 401(k) plan -- in four of the last five years the company has matched 50% of the employee's annual contribution.
Pictured: Clean Energy Renewable Fuels (CERF) develops biomethane production facilities in the United States that deliver renewable natural gas (RNG) to the nation's gas pipeline network for power generation and transportation fuel.
Keys to SuccessYour technical expertise will be essential, of course, but just as important will be strong business acumen, not only to understand processes and recommend solutions, but also to facilitate your troubleshooting efforts. As you interact with users you'll need patience as well as the ability to probe for the information you need -- in other words, you'll need a knack for helping users help you.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding ERP Application Support Analyst, you will:
- Bring strong organizational skills to manage multiple activities and priorities effectively.
- Be proactive about getting projects started and keeping them moving forward.
- Use your leadership and interpersonal skills to influence and motivate others in the absence of authority.
- Achieve goals independently but also know when to ask for help.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and emerging best practices.
Pictured: Clean Energy subsidiary BAF, Inc. is the leading provider of natural gas vehicle systems and conversions in the United States and supports global clients with alternative fuel systems.
About UsTaking the Lead in Clean-air Transportation
Clean Energy has a broad customer base in the solid waste, transit, ports, shuttle, taxi, trucking, airport and municipal fleet markets, fueling more than 21,000 vehicles at 280 strategic locations across the United States and Canada.
Clean Energy owns and operates two LNG production plants, one in Willis, TX and one in Boron, CA, with combined capacity of 260,000 LNG gallons per day and designed to expand to 340,000 LNG gallons per day as demand increases. It also owns and operates a landfill gas facility in Dallas, TX that produces renewable methane gas or biomethane for delivery in the nation's gas pipeline network.
The Clean Energy vision extends beyond servicing the high fuel-use requirements of fleet operators. We are committed to helping businesses access the measurable advantages of clean-fuel solutions. Simultaneously, we are committed to protecting our environment as the leader in clean-air transportation. Clean Energy has proven that business and environmental goals can indeed find common ground, with mutually profitable results. Our vision and efforts have received recognition and awards from business and environmental organizations alike.
Pictured: Clean Energy is building America's Natural Gas Highway, a coast-to-coast infrastructure to deliver compressed natural gas (CNG), liquid natural gas (LNG) and renewable natural gas (RNG) to an expanding customer base.